Saturday, September 11, 2010

Yoga Day 1

I just finished my first yoga session!  Go Me!  (well someone has to say it).  I did 36ish minutes of the "Yoga for Sadness Relief" in my bedroom on my pink mat.  There were few casualities, one being my disgruntled kitty Sherlock who thinks that if I am on the floor then it must mean that I am there solely for his pleasure.  But after a few nudges off my mat he got the idea and continued to scowl at me during my entire yoga session.  Bad vibes Sherly! 

Also my, oh so comfty and large sleep shirt is not adequet when attempting the extending triangle pose.  Good thing I am alone or someone would have gotten blinded by my white, almost irridescently so, torso. (perhaps I should errect a sign for my door "Warning: Fat Girl Yogaing, Yogiing, Yogging"...what is the action verb form of doing yoga?  I think I shall use yogaing.  Thus I command it so seeing as it is soon to be published on said blog.  And we all know anything published online is gospel, and I know that is true cuz I read it on Wikipedia. 

Now from all the podcasts, magazines, and books I have been obsessively studying lately I have learned that when you do something healthy you stop and note how you feel so that next time you will remember "Hey that made me feel (insert positive reinforcement here)."  I appoligize before hand about the fact that it's about get real self helpy in a moment...

After doing yoga today I feel sweaty, shakey yet strongish, thirsty, and a bit headachey.  I emotionally feel proud that I did something healthy and began my goal.  All goals are made up of tiny goals along the way, and I did accomplish a tiny goal today, which (as Carla from 2fitchicksandamicrophone would say) has brought me closer to my goal. 

I have to wonder though, what is it that will keep me on this goal.  Should I tell others?  One thing I found out about myself is that I cannot announce my goals to others around me or else I will fail.  What is the crazy psychology behind that?  You would think that it would help me stay accountable right?  Nope.  Not me.  I have to do everything in a rather complicated fashion to make life...interesting.  The only way I got through the first month of not smoking is NOT TALKING ABOUT IT.  I just shut my mouth and did it. (which is probably the first advice that I ever got from my father when I was a child).  Surprise! I have a tendency to over analyze things, people, ideas, my cat, whatever is lying around really.  I blame it on over-educating myself.  English was probably the best or the worst (I haven't decided yet) subject for me to go into.  I am not good at the simple art of quiet obedience.

But! this is why I have created a blog.  So that my every feeling and emotion can reverberate through its pages (or posts rather) and I, in the land of flesh and blood, can sew my lips together and charge forth into the land of the fit.  All my pains, complaints, rampages, and successes recorded here.  AH HA!  Which means that I must rangle up some support online.  Thus I will go forthwith to my favorite podcast ladies and brag as they encourage bloggers to do.  2fitchicks here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment